Getting to Grips With Chargebacks
John Low, Group Head of Digital Risk, Frasers GroupClick to register
Date and Time
May 23rd - 1pm UK time
23 May 1:00 PM
As E-commerce becomes an ever more important aspect of the retail landscape, businesses operating in this environment have to grapple with the potentially thorny issue of chargebacks – the reversing of a payment made by a consumer to a merchant, undertaken by a payment card provider.
Driven largely by disputes over product/service delivery and quality, billing errors, or credit card fraud, chargebacks are an important aspect of E-commerce activities that need to be carefully monitored and managed by retail businesses. In this session, we will hear from a number of retailers on how they are addressing this issue, looking particularly to answer the following questions:
- What are the main drivers of chargebacks and how do they vary between retailers?
- Who should be responsible for managing chargebacks?
- Should chargebacks be managed internally or by a third party?
- How can chargeback disputes be more effectively managed?
- How can data be used to manage chargebacks more effectively and apportion liability?
- Is there an ‘optimum’ number of chargebacks to maximise retail profitability?
- How do you develop a sustainable relationship with financial institutions?
- How might the issue of chargebacks evolve in the future?
This meeting is for retailers, brand owners and academics only.
ECR Community a.s.b.l
Our Latest news